18 Dec Bone Broth
Bone broth is an amazing aid to your gut health as well as a wonderful anti-inflammatory. This recipe was originally posted by my friend Karen when she was sharing her work as The Good Stuff Girl.
- Chicken Bones, skin (no smoked), innards from cooked organic whole chicken (use the carcass)
- (optional) chicken feet for more gelatin
- 2-3 medium whole organic carrots, scrubbed clean and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium whole onion with skin, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 2 TBSP of BRAGGS Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother in it
- your favorite seasonings (I love Braggs seasonings or BLEND IT UP seasonings)
- 1 TBSP of sea salt
- 1 TBSP of black pepper
Place all ingredients in a crockpot & add filtered water to the top of crockpot. Set to the LOW setting and cook for about 36-48 hours. You will need to check this about every 8-10 hours or so and add MORE FILTERED WATER to it because is will evaporate some. After the allowed cook time, use a cheesecloth or strainer to capture all vegetable remains as you fill a large bowl up with the broth. Use a ladle to spoon out the broth from the bowl and fill up the glass mason jars with the broth. When freezing your broth fill glass jars ONLY ¾ of the way to allow for expansion. You can also use ice trays to store your broth for later use in recipes. Keep 1 jar of broth in the refrigerator for no longer than 3-4 days as you will use it. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 year. Season with dill weed, finely grated ginger, or whatever seasoning you prefer. ENJOY a cup and know that you are BUILDING YOUR BONES!
Do you have a favorite bone broth recipe? Share it with the community with a link in the comment section. I love to hear your feedback!